Image Map

9 January 2013

Chocolate Greek Yogurt Cheesecake


I was going to make this cheesecake over the holidays for our family dinner.  However when I opened the fridge I realized that I didn't have enough cream cheese. I was one package short, so I started thinking what can I sub for cream cheese in a cheese cake. I mean it is basically the star ingredient. I went with greek yogurt and it turned out great. I wasn't sure if it would effect the baking time at all but it seemed to be about the same as a normal cheesecake it just had a lighter texture which I was okay with.
Ingredients 
1 1/2 cups of crushed oreos
2 Tbsp. butter, melted
2 pkg. (250 g each) Philadelphia Brick Cream Cheese,
softened
1 cup of greek yogurt
3/4 cup sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
1 pkg. (8 squares) Baker's Semi-Sweet Chocolate, melted, cooled slightly
eggs

Pre-heat oven to 325F. Melt butter in microwave and mix with cookie crumbs. Press mixture into bottom of 10inch pan to create the chocolate crust for the cheesecake. 


Mix together cream cheese, yogurt, sugar and vanilla until smooth. 

Melt chocolate and let it cool slightly. 

Pour chocolate into cream cheese mixture and blend until smooth
Add eggs one at at time, mixing well between each addition. 
 Pour batter over crust and bake for 45-50 minutes or until centre of cheese cake looks set. Allow cake to cool before removing rim of pan. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours before serving.

This cheese cake was super light and fluffy. It had almost a mousse like texture. I liked that it wasn't as rich or as dense as other cheese cakes. I think I may add greek yogurt to my cheesecakes from now on!

What is your favourite baking substitute?
Jaclyn 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you. Thanks for stoping by!